The Museum is open seven (7) days per week, from 9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. The start time for the last introductory film of the day is at 3:55 p.m.
We are closed on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day (January 1)
- Thanksgiving Day (4th Thursday in November)
- Christmas Day (December 25)
The Museum will close early on:
- Wednesday, November 23: close at 12:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 24: close at 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 31: close at 2:00 p.m.
|College Students with ID
|US Armed Forces Veterans
Students in grades K-12 from New England schools on an educational group tour are also eligible for free admission. Please contact the Group Tours office for more information at 617.514.1589.
- Group visits of 12 or more are eligible for a group visit discount with advance reservations.
- Edward M. Kennedy Institute visitors receive a $2 (USD) discount during a same day visit to the JFK Library. Show your valid EMK Institute ticket at admissions. Not valid with any other offers; some restrictions may apply.
Gift Certificates are available for purchase with cash or credit card at our Admissions Desk in the Main Lobby, or by calling our Admissions Desk at 617.514.1569. Phone orders will be processed using your credit card.
Transportation & Directions
The closest stop on the T, the local public transport system, is JFK/UMASS on the MBTA's Red Line. We offer a free shuttle bus from this station to the Library and Museum.
- Take the MBTA Red Line to the JFK/UMASS station.
- At the station level, follow signs to Busway/ JFK Library.
- Board "Bus #2," a free shuttle bus that will take you from the T station to the JFK Library and Museum. The bus will make stops at UMass and the Massachusetts State Archives before stopping at the JFK Library.
Bus #2 runs every 20 minutes starting on the hour during Museum hours. There is signage at the T stop indicating the pick-up location for Bus #2.
Special note: UMass Boston is under construction, which affects traffic to the JFK Library. There is special signage to direct you to our location on Columbia Point.
| Map Quest
Please use this address: 220 Morrissey Boulevard, Boston, MA 02125*
*This address is for GPS purposes only; it is not the actual street nor mailing address for the Library.
From the South:
Take Route 3/I-93 (Southeast Expressway) to exit 14. At the end of the ramp, merge onto Morrissey Boulevard. Follow the signs to the JFK Library and Museum and the University of Massachusetts.
From the North:
Take I-93 or I-95 south to Boston and onto the Southeast Expressway (Route 3/I-93). Take exit 15 and follow the signs to the JFK Library and Museum and the University of Massachusetts.
From the West:
Take the Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90) to exit 24C (Route 3/I-93), southbound to Exit 15. Follow signs to the JFK Library and Museum and the University of Massachusetts.
Parking is free for Museum visitors. Free motorcoach parking is also available – please contact the Group Visits office.
In the Building
The Museum Café
The café serves light meals and beverages from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily. The café is located on the entrance level and has a maximum capacity of 45.
Luggage, backpacks and carry-ons may not be checked at the Library. These items are permitted to be carried with you through the Museum.
Wheelchairs are available at the Visitor Admission Desk on a first come, first served basis. Video presentations in the Museum are captioned for hearing-impaired visitors. American Sign Language interpretation is available with advance notice – please contact our visitor services department at 617.514.1569 for more information. You may also use 711 for Telecommunications Relay Service.
Lost and Found
Please inquire at our Security Office regarding lost belongings at 617.514.1555.
Need More Information?
Please review our frequently asked questions if you have questions that haven't been answered by the information above.